What do I need to know about the move to the UCL Library system?
Last Updated: Jul 25, 2016 | 471 Views
Was this helpful? 1 0
From 10th August 2016:
- Please use UCL Explore to find books and all your digital content whether for IOE or the wider set of UCL libraries.
- Log in with your UCL barcode which can be found on the reverse of your card (see photo) and your PIN which is the day and month of your birth. For example, if you were born 1st Feb, it is 0102. You are advised to change this after you have logged in for the first time.
- You will be able to view items you currently have on loan. Due dates will be automatically changed to the next available due date for the type of book.
- If you want to retrieve your loan history from the old system, please do this by 30th Sept by following these instructions. No loan history will be imported in the new system.
- If you have reservations, these will be recreated for you on the new system or you will be informed otherwise.
- Inter Library Loan requests can be made from Explore. You will need to log in with barcode and PIN as above
- Postal loans: These will be available as usual, but not requestable via the catalogue. See the postal loans Libguide
- Store requests: Items which are identified as "STORE" can be requested. Use this form for Wickford store items (or sign-in to Explore to find this). These will be collectable at Science Library. For IOE items, complete a paper form which can be found at the IOE Library help-point.