How do I find historical children's books in the IOE Library Catalogue
To find historical children's books, you will need to access some of the special collections. Many of these are now listed in the UCL online Library Catalogue, Explore. To get you started, we provide some screen shots of a search you could do below:
1. Go to UCL Explore at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/explore
2. Type in the phrase "children's books" (use quotation marks for a phrase search so that the system finds the two words together).
3. Refine results by date - on the LH-side of the screen - and by collection if you know the name of the collection (see the IOE LibGuides on Special Collections and Archives for more information), e.g. Baines, Michael, etc:
4. Once you have refined by date or collection, you can browse the list and then select 'Location' to request the item.
5. The item can be requested via emai. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your research needs as we may be able to suggest other relevant materials. If you are onsite, you can request materials from the Enquiry Desk.
6. It is important that you give us as much notice as possible, provide provisional dates of when you would be able to visit UCL IOE aso that we can ensure there is space in the Special Collections Reading Room, and whether you are a member of the Library.
7. If you are unsure about any of the above and need further assistance, please contact the IOE Enquiry Service via email at email@example.com