How can I search for historical textbooks in the Library Catalogue?
If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to materials on history textbooks by decade from the Library Catalogue:
1. Go to the Library Catalogue, Explore, at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/explore
2. Type in the search books 'school textbooks (history)' - without quotes - for history textbooks. Change this to mathematics for maths textbooks etc.
3. Once you get the results, use the option to refine the results by Library (10E) and then by Date (use date range e.g. 1920-1930):
5. Take down the shelfmark and send the list of items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing dates (and alternative dates) of when you would like to view the material. Please note, we need a minimum of two working days' notice.
6. Once we have a space for you in the Reading Room, your appointment will be confirmed by the Library Enquiries Team.