Skip to Questions

IOE LibAnswers - is the place to ask questions and find answers

Useful Tip: It would help us if you are able to provide as much information as possible about your topic.

Do you know where I can find an up to date glossary of education terms such as: specification; module; qualification type unit?

Last Updated: Sep 09, 2016  |  13 Views
Was this helpful? 0   0


We have a number of dictionaries and encyclopedias in the library which you can use to look up education terminology - do a search on the UCL Explore, (or have a browse in the reference collection of the library if you are here!).  If you are a student or staff member at the IOE, you may find some of the encyclopedias in the Sage Knowledge collection useful.

If you are not, try some of the glossaries attached to the official government websites useful, e.g. the QAA or the DFE's own A-Z listing of


For further help and advice see our range of IOE LigGuides, including Finding Resources in the Library  and Searching for Resources

Answered by Rozz EvansBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Ask Us!

    Related content from IOE LibGuides

    Library and Archives, Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0AL