Answered By: Nazlin Bhimani Last Updated: Nov 30, 2018 Views: 142
To find the IOE's historical textbooks, follow the instructions outlines below:
1. Go to the Library Catalogue, Explore at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/explore
2. Type in the phrase school textbooks history and click on Search
3. Browse the search results in case there are articles or books on textbook research that may be relevant for your research.
4. Refine your results first by Library - select IOE on the left-hand side of the screen:
5. Next, refine by date (in the example below, the search results will show you all the books published between 1945 and 1965):
6. Browse the list and make a note of the books you are interesting in by clicking on location and taking down the shelfmark:
7. Email the list to email@example.com (author, title and shelfmark) and let us know when you are planning on visiting the Library.
More information on our historical textbooks collection can be found at http://libguides.ioe.ac.uk/specialcollections
Please note: Rare and fragile books can only be viewed in the Reading Room which requires and appointment.