Answered By: Nazlin Bhimani Last Updated: Oct 30, 2018 Views: 100
Zetoc is the British Library's Electronic Table of [Journal] Contents (TOC) database. Zetoc is a multidisciplinary database which provdes access to over 29,000 journals and more than 52 million article citations and conference papers. The database covers the years from 1993 to date and is updated daily. You can see the list of titles on Zetoc from the journal titles list.
You can searchthe database or set up email and RSS alerts for the key journal title(s) on Zetoc. This can help you keep updated on research in your area and save time as the information will be sent automatically to your feed reader rather than you spending time going to each journal websitein turn to find out what the current issue holds.
Another TOC service you may want to investigate is Journal TOCS which is accessible at http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/
The instructions below explain how to set up RSS alerts on Zetoc. For an explanation about RSS, look at the IOE LibGuide RSS at http://libguides.ioe.ac.uk/rss
1. Start at the A-Z Databases IOE LibGuide at http://libguides.ioe.ac.uk/databases and select Zetoc from the databases listed under 'Z'. You will see three entries for Zetoc:
2. Choose the last one if you want to set up RSS Feeds for a particular journal title. If you do not know what the key titles are for your research area, conduct a search. Before you can access the resource, you will need to authenticate. Select UCL from the drop down menu:
3. Then authenticate using your network username and password:
4. You now in the Zetoc databas. At this stage, you can search for set up RSS and Email Alerts and Search the contents of journals recently indexed by the British Library. In this example, we take you through to Search:
5. Type in the title of the journal and click on 'Search'
6. Then set up the alert for this journal by clicking on the RSS icon
7 For additional instructions on RSS, please refere to the IOE LibGuide RSS: keeping current with research
- I keep getting the error message too on Zetoc.: copied here in case helpful -
Your institutional login is not providing us with sufficient details to enable you to access Zetoc.
Please contact your library helpdesk or someone responsible for access to electronic resources at your institution, providing them with the following details:
Identity Provider: https://idp1.ioe.ac.uk/shibboleth
Scoped Affiliation: Not provided
Persistent ID: Not provided
Targeted ID: Not provided