Answered By: Nazlin Bhimani
Last Updated: May 05, 2020     Views: 32

If the name of the author is given on the title page of the government publication, s/he must be credited together with the department commissioning the work. 

For the in-text citation, use the name of the author and the name of the government department. If there are more than two authors, use et al. (which stands for 'and others').

In-text citation: 

In 2006, the government commissioned a report on the teaching of early reading. This report states that ... (Rose and Department for Education and Skills, 2006).

Reference list:

Rose, J. and Department for Education and Skills. (2006). Independent review of teaching of early reading, Retrieved from

Contact Us

IOE Library Central Staircase Image

If you do not find an answer to your question, you can log it ln the box above. You can also text your enquiry to +44 (0)20 3322 1810 or Tweet us @IOELibrary For further information on support, click on the link below.